Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Do the work.... make the change!! :))

Well it's official... my 15 minutes of fame has come to an end. I will now be training employees how to use a company credit card. Very exciting for the most part but leaving my current position is going to be very bitter sweet. The bitter part being I don't get to wear jeans everyday the sweet part being- I am pretty much a mini baller in the making! :))


Over the past few months I have had many doors open up for me- in fact I have even been hit right in the face by a few. I guess the saying when one door closes another door opens is actually true- at least in my book. But even with all the blessings coming my way I cannot help but think of all the mountains I have climbed to get here- and how thankful I am for all the people who have doggy paddled under me when I was drowning myself.


3 months ago- My life was chaos. Actually to be quite honest- you know the girl that is not happy in a current situation? Complains about her life constantly? Cries about not being respected? Lacks all self esteem and confidence? Makes excuses for the piece of crap in her life? Talks about change- but never makes the change?

YUP! That girl WAS me. 3 months ago I was miserable! In fact in the words of my brestfriend I was drowning myself- and as much as my friends and family wanted to help.. this Stubborn girl was going to have to fall flat on her face before any changes would be made. And that was not even a guarantee. after all I had fell on my face many times and ended up in the same situation.  

Well I am sure you can guess what happened next. This girl right here- fell on her face ONCE again! But this time instead of feeling sorry for myself and blaming someone else- I took full responsibility. And what happened next is my favorite part.

I got back up and started to get my life back together. No it was not easy- no it was not the life I had planned- and no it did not include a person that at one time I thought was my whole life.

I was building from ground up and I was determined to make a change- and for only one person MYSELF!  And guess what? I have made many changes since and continue to make changes daily. This mountain has not been easy- in fact there are times where I want to jump off this damn mountain.. but there are a few things keeping me on:

My faith, hope, and determination. After all look at me now. I recently was just involved in a tug of war between 2 departments, I am currently looking to buy my own house, and best of all the life I had not planned for- is turning out to be the life I have always wanted.

I didn't get here by luck- I am not just some lucky girl that was magically blessed with tons of amazing opportunities. Instead I have worked my butt off, took risks, got my self help from an amazing life coach, and for once STOPPED talking and STARTED doing.

So what's my message to you- It is never to late to start. If you want to lose the weight, if you want to get out of an unhealthy relationship, or if you want to make more money... well I have few pieces of advice for you... Put down the cheetos, drop the guy, and send out the resume!

Stop spending all your time talking about it- and actually start doing something about it!  Because at the end of the day-none of the excuses matter, it's not Tom, Dick, or Harry's fault, the little debbie does not magically walk into your mouth, and I hate to break it to you but we all are busy!

All things are possible- but you gotta do the work!

<3,
Shirelle


No comments:

Post a Comment