Friday, April 26, 2013

THE house! :o/

I sit here tonight with a very sad heart. I found the house and loss the house all in the same night. This morning I saw a great listing. I sent it to my realtor right away and we scheduled an appt right at 5 to see the house. All day I waited, wondered, and thought this could be the one. I looked at the pictures over and over and strolled through the whole neighborhood on google maps.  
Finally it was 5 o’clock and off I went. I met up with my mom, dad, and little sister. We arrived at the house and I was pleasantly surprised. The curb appeal was cute as a button. We walked in the front door and immediately felt a warm positive energy. Each of us explored different areas before meeting back in the living room. This WAS the house. It may not have been the most beautiful house- but this house was filled with character and I loved it.
We then started to run numbers- being I am doing this all on my own there is little to no flexibility when it comes to wiggle room.  This listing had only been on the market 1 day and already had been shown 4 times.  Those 2 reasons alone planted doubt in all of our minds. Trying to be positive and never give up hope all of us continued to smile without expressing any doubt.  We all continued to chat in the living room when my little sister surprised me. She walked up to the realtor looked at her with her pretty blue eyes and said “Can you please help my sister buy this house?”  To my realtors response “I am sure going to try.”
As we were leaving the owner was walking in. She was nice, friendly, and talkative. She told us the story behind the house and all the memories that filled the house.  After speaking to her for about 15 minutes I knew this was my house- but I also knew that we would have to move quickly.
We then walked outside and agreed on an offer. I knew my chances were close to none but I could not give up just yet.
As I crawled into my mom’s car the tears started. I had finally found the perfect house- and it was still so far out of reach. Why couldn’t I be the only offer? Why couldn’t I afford more? Why couldn’t this be my house? These were all questions I asked out loud as the tears fell.
I wish I could tell you that my offer was accepted- and that all my future promises for the house out beat all the other offers- but tonight that house has a new potential owner and it is not this gal that is sitting on her couch- drinking wine- and crying.  The house turned out not to be the house after all.
I have sat here and cried most of the evening- but as I was writing this many thoughts have popped into my head? The first thought being-this house had a really special feel to it- but this was also the first house that I had my dad and little sister join us at. And now that I think of it- yes this house was a great house- but the best feeling was having my dad, mom, and little sister there supporting me. Watching my little sister run around with excitement made us all smile and LOVE the house.  This little 7 year old was the reason for all the positive energy.
Overall, I am still going to cry and feel sorry for myself probably the rest of the night. But when I DO find the house- I know it will be PERFECT! Because I don’t just have 1 little sister to bring happiness into a house.. I have 3 little nieces to bring it as well! 
<3,
Shirelle

No comments:

Post a Comment