Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Standards and Cookies

Someone posted this picture the other day and I happened to scroll by it. I also happened to notice a comment that was attached to this photo reading:

No they don't guys looking for an easy lay do this ;)

I have to admit- I did not even know the girl posting the comment but I thought to myself- Gosh! how disgusting!  I continued to scroll but for some reason that "comment" bothered me.

So what did I do?!?! I totally over thought the whole comment and came up with this conclusion:

This comment is disgusting to me for many reasons. The first being- where are her standards? What are her expectations? Where is her self esteem, dignity, and respect?!?! And how many easy lays has she been- since it only takes opening a door?!?! Gosh- talk about a dirty cookie!

Now don't get me wrong- I could totally be wrong about this girl and her values- She may have a very clean cookie!?  BUT  it did bring light to a situation that is very important to me.

Hey Shirelle- any special men in your life? Hey Shirelle how is the dating life going? Hey Shirelle have you went on any dates yet??!!? Hey Shirelle, I am sooo shocked you have not went on any dates you should get a life and get out more.

This is a daily question that I am asked. And truth is- until last night and this morning I always scrabbled for an answer. But after giving this question thought I found my answer... SOOO here it is!!

Yes, I am single. Yes, I would like to meet someone. And Yes, I have a life- because guess what YOU CAN live without a man.

Now why am I not dating Tom, Dick, and Sally- Well for starters Sally does not have a penis, Tom is stuck in the " I don't know phase" and Dick- well... yea he is just that.. A DICK!

Over the past year I have been more than available. (So I thought) I have really put myself out there and handed out that business card- Heck like I have mentioned before if you are a hot waiter in ABQ you most likely have my card. And yes I have got quite a response- in fact the last time I handed it out I received a text within 2 hours! WOOOOHOOOO- That's a new record!!!

So again why am I still single? After all I am getting responses. But are these responses that I really want? Come to think of it- this has become more of an attention game for me- and a regular routine.

Friday night- We go out. We SCORE the HOT waiter. I smile- I flirt- I leave my number. Later that night I get a TEXT message- I get all giddy- We text back and forth for a little while- and after a few weeks- I am bored with it- he is bored with me- and the texts stop. BUT no worries there is always a new restaurant and another Friday night! *Get the hint Shirelle*

*Hey I have an idea- How about I actually give my number to someone that has the potential of meeting my standards?! Am I scared? Do I not have the confidence? Where is my self esteem?

Truth is- I don't want the waiter- I want the general manager- I want the marketing director, I want the man with the future- I could careless about the money- but I want the man that has a plan! Now why don't I give my number to the man with the plan? I am intimated by him- I lack the confidence- I don't think he will be interested in this 26 year old volunteer coordinator- BUT GUESS WHAT?!?! I am wrong! These men do not know what I offer just as much as I don't know what they offer. And guess what- it does not matter where you've been, where you are, and where you are going. If you KNOW what you want, are confident in what you want, and are dedicated to what you want- YOU WILL GET WHAT YOU WANT!

I want someone that is: ambitious, motivated, faithful, honest, dedicated, respectful, and fun! I want a MAN that will call and not text. I want a man that will challenge me. I want a man that will make me laugh, laugh with me, and laugh at me at times. I want a man that is going to encourage me when I have doubts, and support me when I feel strong. I want a man that knows WHAT HE WANTS!

These are all the things I want in a man- There may not be all the things I GET in a man- but this girl has standards and guess what- It's about time I start following them!

How am I going to do this- I am going to find out exactly what I want in life! But not just for a relationship. What I want for myself, where I want to be in 5 years, and what I am passionate about. I have high standards and high expectations- and I want to be able to meet those just as much as I want my future husband to meet those!!!

So in the end- Yes, I am single-and when the RIGHT man comes my way- I am going to know exactly what I have to offer because- I am not just some volunteer coordinator- I am a volunteer coordinator- with a clean cookie- and a HELL OF A CATCH!

<3,
Shirelle












No comments:

Post a Comment